Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Day 36: Back In The Saddle Again

I am home and recovering! HA! This past week was interesting from the diet stand point. One thing about corporate America, they shove food in your face at every turn. I am proud to say that while I was not able to blog or do FitDay at a constant level, no real ground was lost in the battle... but there were a couple of minor skirmishes that I surrendered to. :)

First of all I really want to thank my friends who were down there with me and gave me constant words of encouragement. Mad Dog, Pam, Greg, Ros, Lori and Deanna; thank you thank you thank you. Really. I can't tell you, even if you are just saying it to be nice, how much it means to me. They made sure to tell me how good I was doing and that they were proud of me and that I was looking good. Sappy? Yep, sure am. But that's a great support system when you are are away from home.

And I managed to get exercise even when I didn't expect to. Midnight, drunken stolls up the strip at 3am burn just as manyu calories as the ones where I don shorts and my headphones. I did that too, but the other was a little more fun. I also managed to get in a little Richard Simmons, which I burned onto a CD for ease of travel. However, the transfer to DVD was strange and the sound was out of sink. HAHAHAHA So I had to stop watching and just listen too him. My rhythm is off already, I didn't need any help from him. HA!

Now for the confessional portion. There was a night of absolute culinary debauchery that I would do again in a heartbeat. My good friend Ben Rivera took me and Mad Dog Rybak to a Cuban place on Lincoln called YUCA... holy shit! I ate like I haven't in ages. Pork tenderloin, empanadas, beans, rice... It was awesome and felt like someone parked a Hummer in my gut. Luckily I prepared. I knew that I was going out that night, and I didn't know where, so I had fruit for breakfast and nothing for the rest of the day. I'm fairly sure I went WAY over my calorie limit, but because I prepared, it wasn't as far over.

There was also a quick, sweaty, drunken burger... but that was the alcohol eating. Like they always say "What Happens In Miami, Goes Straight To Your Ass".

So I am back and back into the routine. Walking and exercising will be a little rough because I f-ed up my knee dancing. Yes, I was dancing. Like I said, I got exercise. However, that's the only exercise I can think of where I need to get pretty liquored up first. But I messed it up and then want out strolling around town. The pain is all worth it, because I had a great time. It does, however, mean, that I will need to find another way to get some exercise in for a few days.

Oh and Millie bought a mountain bike while I was away. I haven't been on a bike it over ten years. I'm a little worried. :)

Love ya all!
e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home