Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Day 30: Leaving On A Jet Plane

All my bags are packed , I'm ready to go - I'm... okay, well, I'm blogging so that's where my similarities with John Denver's opus ends. I am also burning my Richard Simmons onto DVD so I can take it with me to Miami. I have my new shoes, a mix on the mp3 player just for walking in Miami and my Richard DVD... I am set.

I am hoping that taking this trip at this juncture will shake me out of my current rut. I am still maintaining with the eating, but I have noticed the edges blurring a little, if that makes sense. A month in and some of the excitement is gone. It's not that I'm giving up, just accepting some things as... acceptable. I'm going to take the next 6 days to shake that off. I won't have access to my kitchen and I can actively avoid bad culinary choices.

Literally, between all the sessions there is food as well as 3 squares a day (usually paid for). Luckily 75% of the people who work in my division are women, so healthier snacks and choices are available. I don't mean to make that sound stereotypical but let's face it. If this was mostly men there would be stainless steel vats of hot wings.

So I will blog when I can. Think about me this week as I face head on the alcohol and pastry trappings of a corporate sales meeting.

And thank God for Richard Simmons. Seriously. Just a good man. And John Denver for that matter. Another good man.

Wow... I think this installment seems to ooze comfort with my softer side. Maybe I'll take in a drag show in South Beach...

We are family...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home