Sunday, July 24, 2005

Day 28: Backyards, Bagels and Bandshells

Sorry about yesterday. I know some people have been checking in everyday for their daily motivation or what not. Yesterday was a little crazy. Yard work, family, and Playstation 2's God of War... sorry. I also has a terrible case of indigestions yesterday. It lasted all night and I had trouble sleeping on it. It think it was the bits I had of Danny's ice cream. I had been good all day, though I think the Portillo's salad I had when everybody went out to eat, probably had too much shit in it. It's all fresh made in front of you but there was pasta in it and house dressing and stuff. No matter what it's better than the Italian beef/sausage combo with cheese,hot dog and fries I used to get there. And it was GREAT! It's one of the tastiest salads I've ever had. Which tipped me off that it probably wasn't too good for me. Later when I access the ingredients online and loaded it into Fitday, it wasn't bad, but it a "prepare for" meal. One that you skip some other stuff during the day to eat.

Now, about that ice cream... I have finally discovered why my mother never made herself a plate of food. If you actually order something, you will eat it all. I have been discovering that if I take some bites here and there off of Danny's treats, I can enjoy the taste and not be compelled to eat a whole one. Again with the moderation. The problem is training myself to keep it to one or two bites. Usually Danny getting mad at me (as I did long ago with my Mother) keeps me honest.

Today is a guys day. Lots of sitting around playing video games with the D-Man. We will be going for our walk later, but it's 105 outside. We did go to Chesapeake Bagels for lunch. Danny wolfed down a PB&J Bagel and I had something called a Hummus Deluxe which they claimed had 525 calories. It was good. I loaded the individual ingredients in and it came to about 499 so, who's arguing.

Just a few more days until Miami. Tomorrow night Danny and I are going grocery shopping so that the fam has food while I'm gone. HAHAHHAHA and then Tuesday night he and I are going to walk over to the Park bandshell (barring rain) for the Tuesday night concert (classical) Then he and I will walk home in the dark. It'll be an adventure. And almost 3 miles worth of walking.

For all of you who are doing this with me. Thanks and keep up the good work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home