Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Day 24: Bad Blogmaster! Bad Blogmaster!

Sorry. Yesterday was unusually busy. I did however, shake off the weekend. Yesterday was very successful in fact. Exercised, walked and kept the calories WAY down.

I also came face to face with 2 of my biggest temptations and walked away. The first and the biggest: There is a store here a couple of blocks from work that specializes in import foods of all kinds Asian, Polish, German. I run in there every once in a while to get a can of tuna and they carry that Atkins yogurt. Well, they have a new British foods section. My favorite candy in the whole world is Jelly Babies, which are not available here and I can only get them on rare occasions or when Millie's family goes to Ireland. They had them. A whole freakin' shelf full. I walked away. I couldn't believe I did it, but I walked away. I am able to have these once a year AT MOST and I walked on by. I was proud and a little astonished.

Later that same day I trapsed into Walgreens to pick up a perscription. Lo and belhold I come face to face with another fairly rare treat - toasted coconut marshmallows. Bags of them. Not as rare, but you usually have to hunt around. JESUS! I walked away. I was strong. I bit my lip, but I stayed strong.

Tried and tested. The oily film of the weekend has passed.

Didn't get a chance to exercise this morning. I was up late finishing the poster for the new Gag Reflex show: DESPERATE HOUSEFLIES (or: What's Larva Got To Do With It). I couldn't drag myself out today. That's okay. I'll do it tomorrow and try to get a little more walking in today.

The weight loss is starting to show. At least I'm feeling it more. The steerin wheel isn't rubbing the front butt much. Plus Millie's sister and mom noticed last week.

Gag Reflex pictures tonight. Can I drop another 35 lbs by tonight? Yes! Where's that letter opener? :)

Lata, e

(ps. Thanks Vi.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back on track. I was afraid there may have been some sort of Taco Bell binge induced coma. Believe me, I've been there.
Don't bother to thank me. That's what I'm here for.

7/20/2005 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home