Sunday, July 10, 2005

Day 14: Two Weeks ... whoops!

Weeeeelllll.... I went skating past my usual 12 to 1300 calories a day yesterday. The culprit was refried beans. I knew going into it that it would be high. I got a junior burrito from a local Mexican place. No cheese, no avacado, no meat. Just lettuce, tomato, beans and rice. Next time I just need to plan the rest of my day better. Still, not bad... with a few sneaky sugar wafers I maxed out at 1700 or so for the day.

Danny and I went on the longest walk yet last night. At least it felt that way. We are generally alternating the routes so we don't always go the same way. Which is good, keeps us from getting bored. But About half way through this walk I started regretting the route we took because there was no short cut back. Which was good for me, just a lot of pain and sweating.

So, 2 weeks in? How do I feel? I feel good. The second week went by much faster. After my little dip earlier this week, I remain motivated. Especially after the picture the other night. Danny and I will be going to the grocery store in a little while for a big stock up on stuff. Time to plan some really good dinners and have some lunches ready to go.

And thanks to everybody who has been looking in and giving me encouragement. It really does mean the world to me. The victories feel bigger, the failures are more embarrassing and I generally feel the love . Okay... I'm going to vomit, so I'm going to stop gushing now.

:)

UPDATE: Just a quick update. Did some earnest diet shopping (I have to stop my fear of the word diet.) - Lots of veggies and fruit. Mangos, Plums, grapes, Celery, carrots, more spinach, bananas, etc. Also snagged some whole wheat noodles, hummus (cracked chile and red pepper), got some Fat Free, low carb cheese singles (American Heart Association approved), salmon, low fat cottage cheese, carb smart yogurt, more tuna ... lots of stuff and plenty of regular stuff for Millie and Danny.

I feel like I've been armed.

BTW, Danny and I will be getting up early tomorrow to work out to one of the Richard Simmons "Sweating to the 80's" or some such thing that we have around here. We might still have a copy of Tae Bo around here. That... may be for later.

Wish us luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home