Saturday, July 02, 2005

Day 6: Weekend at Burnies

Welcome to my first weekend. And, of course, it's a double length holiday weekend. The saving grace is that, because of Millie's work schedule, we won't be going to any big 4th bashes. I may be cooking out today, but I can control that. If I don't want to be faced with a huge half pound ground sirloin burger, I won't be.

The real battle is time at home with complete access to the kitchen, something that work helps me avoid. I plan to do a lot of writing. I am also working exercise into the plan. Last night Danny went with me on my walk which was a little longer than the day before. He rode his new bike while I walked behind him listening to Millie's walking mix and an installment of "EarthCore", which is the world's first podcast only novel. I don't know if walking to a podcast is do-able. I mean, I did it. It's just easier to push yourself a little further with Prince's "Cream" playing.

Anyway, yesterday was a success. I tried something new, in fact. I did up one of those microwave potatoes, which was great. But I didn't want to dump anything on it because, to me, it defeats the purpose if you dump a ton of fat on it. So I used mustard. Not a ton, just enough to flavor and color it. That's a big step because I am not a mustard fan. I am liking it more because it has nothing it it. I also steamed some broccoli with some lemon-pepper on it. All in all yesterday was a success. I had to push myself up to 1300 calories and, if you look at my FitDay journal, I balanced everything pretty well.

I have noticed a weird "pain" in my abdomen. It doesn't hurt. But it feels like a burn. Like a streak of slightly stabbing heat. It was almost like when I get a stitch in my side. I have also noticed that my digestive system is getting noisier... and not the way Gag fans think I mean. It just feels like things have started working that haven't for a while.

Going to go for a walk with Danny here in a bit, I want to get back in time to watch the opening of the LIVE 8 concert. Thanks to everybody who has been dropping by and giving me words of encouragement. I should have a new picture picture up for future comparison. I'm still deciding if it should be shirtless. HAHAHAHAHA Probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home