Monday, June 27, 2005

Day one off and running... well, walking briskly

Okay. So it begins. A couple of my friends at work looked at the site and gave me some wonderfull words of encouragement. It still feels empty on my part because it's just a promise blog. Nothing really to it other than my declaration. I spoke to my pal Mad Dog and and asked him if I should post a list of what I eat during the day. He said that it wouldn't mean anything to any readers, but he thinks it's a good idea for me to see it in print. (The same tactic is applied in Jenny Craig and any weight loss program.) So here, I am going to hold myself accountable for what I put in my mouth... stop giggling.

So far today: No breakfast, 2 cups of coffee with non-dairy and sugar (this needs to go eventually, but this realistically needs to be in stages). Lunch was 2 Atkins yogurts and a fat free tuna salad thing. And lots of freakin water. I've run to the head 6 times so far this morning.

I'm offline at home for a couple of days, so I won't be able to update tonight. Trying to figure out dinner tonight. See having a family does put me at a slight disadvantage, especially in the area of carbs. The truth is pasta is cheap and easy to make. I can feed my family quickly, cheaply and with ample portions with pasta and the like. So I need to start thinking about what I can logically do to fit my personal changes into the family budget and meals.

Also trying to list some of my triggers in my head. What really drives me to eat eat eat, it's not simply boredom. it seems to be linked to times of day. After dark is when I get the munchies the most. That's when I start slamming sandwiches and bowls of cereal. I really love having a full stomach going to bed. Now I need to look at how that started. I think it was cheese and crackers as a snack before bed when I was a kid. Maybe. More thought needed.

Later and thanks for the nice words I have already received. XToday looks like it's going to be a success.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Peter Schwartz said...

Thanks, Princess. I appreciate it.

6/28/2005 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home