Friday, July 01, 2005

Day 5: Sharkleberry

Vi! Thank you. I have signed up for an account at FitDay and it's awesome. Any of you thinking about doing this, it's a great free tool. You can plug in what you eat everyday, how much exercise you did and it tallies your calories, how much you burned. It takes a lot of the guess work away. Plus you can put in your goal weight (which for me is a realistic 225 - why 225? Because it's attainable. When I get to 225, we'll see where to go from there.) and a deadline (I gave myself 1 year to the day) and it tells you how much you have to do in small increments. 125lbs sounds huge. But 2.4 lbs per week - not easy, but it sounds a lot better. I'm learning that a lot of this processes is self deception. :)

Pluse FitDay can be public. This way, as with my Blog I am accountable. So here is a link to my FitDay information: CLICK HERE

Did my first walk last night. When I say I walked around the block it doesn't sound impressive. But my block is about 1/4 of a mile around and uphill a good chunk of the way. Still not great. But not having done anything for a while, it was enough. The plan is to keep doing that until, when I get back to my house I don't mind going around again. My wife Millie created a walking playlist on my MP3 player and I had no idea what to expect. So here was my list last night:
"Rhythmeen" - ZZ Top
"Man Underwater" - Bad Examples
"Bust a Move" - Young MC
"Thank God I'm a Country Boy" - John Denver
"Tubthumping" - Chumbawumba
I'm sure there were a few more, but I forgot. The John Denver track almost had me peeing myself when it came on.

So, yesterday was successful. I did just over 1200 calories and I burned more than I ate. I am trying to fight the fear of everything right now and concentrate on healthier eating , eating less and more exercise. Without looking at a label I know what's bad for me and what's not. Here are 10 fast rules to keep in mind:

IF YOUR FOOD ___________ , IT'S NOT THAT GOOD FOR YOU.

1. is handed to you through your car window
2. is the same color as a smurf
3. can stay on the shelves longer than you've had your pet
4. bubbles, pops or fizzes inside its packaging
5. can be bought at a gas station
6. has a vague name like "luncheon meat"
7. is advertised during Power Rangers: SPD
8. comes with a toy
9. can have pictures printed on it
10. is flavored with a made up fruit like "Sharkleberry" or "Crunchberry"

See you over the weekend! Have a great holiday weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything I can do to help. I am an old pro at this weight loss thing. I figure I have lost approximately 1,000 pounds in the last ten years. But I keep finding them and all the friends they've made over the years.
You should know that your list is now hanging on the fridge at work to help keep me honest.
luv, V

7/01/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger Eric Peter Schwartz said...

HAHAHAHA That's great. Keep an eye out for 10 Things To Do with Loose Skin... :)

7/01/2005 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home