Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Day Two - There Has to be a Morning After

Yesterday went well, not great. Last night was tough. We have reached the "eat what you got" stage at our house so the selections were not the best. We nuked up one of those Tyson whole, cooked chickens. But the sides were abysmal - chips, dip and some left over rotini. So I only nibbled because I knew that there was a possibility that I might crack later. And I did, I regret. Some cereal before bed. All in all, not a full success of a day but my calorie in take was way down regardless.

So another day begins. Goal #1 - no eating before bed. Dinner and out. Maybe I should go to bed early to avoid it. It's a little drastic but I can't really describe how bad it gets. I'm not really hungry when it happens, I just want SOMETHING! Tonight, that's the fight.

Accomplishments yesterday - reduced calorie intake, tons of water (holy crap I drank a lot. And as fast as I could drink it, I was dry mouthed again). It's not much, but it's a start.

This morning my wife and I collected all the supplement and diet stuff that has accumulated over the years; a half used can of Slimfast, Relacore, Genisil, Richard Simmons Pills - just to determine what we have. I probably won't be popping many of the pills, but Relacore seems to be the most recent. Mostly it is vitamins, tons of them. 6 pills a day worth. But they do have DHEA in them. They claim to melt belly fat. Well, we have a bottle, give it a try I guess. I was never an experimenter with drugs when I was younger... odd to start now. :)

So far today; Slimfast shake for breakfast. Same exact lunch as yesterday. I have another Slimfast shake for later because I am going to get hungry in the middle of the afternoon. Dinner tonight will be grilled lemon pepper Salmon. And I have to do a veggie. We also have some sugar free popsicles for dessert if need be (thanks Marea). Most importantly, I have to fight the evening munchies. Of all my habits, that's the worst right now.

Also, thanks to my buddy Mad Dog who spent a little time label reading with me at the grocery store.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-
just a quick note to say hi and that my happy thoughts are with you on your journey. I know where you are coming from because I'm only a few yards in front of you. It's not easy but there has never been anything you couldn't do.
If nothing else, fix yourself a pineapple tuna noodle salad. It helps, I promise!
Let me know if theres anything I can do to help spur you on.

6/29/2005 7:39 AM  
Blogger Eric Peter Schwartz said...

Thank you Vi. You always seem to appear out of nowhere at just the right time. Thanks.e

6/29/2005 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home