Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Day 9: Don't Touch Your Eye!!

Not a good day for this. Mentally I am at a pretty low point. Just a life thing. Lots of pressure from lots of places. A good time to eat, I suppose. Luckily we are a few days away from the next trip to the grocery store so there's not much to eat. I take that back, there's plenty to eat, just nothing that I can eat. I've managed to work my way through all the stuff I had gathered that was decent. The family is okay, it's just me. Heh... I suppose I'll suffer through.

To be honest, there's not much to report. I think today is just a lay low and not deal with people day. Unfortunately my son came home from preschool with Pink Eye. Always fun. And it's a mood elevator. No more whining. Talk to you tomorrow.

EDIT: Okay. My angel Vi gave me some very good advice. You can read it in the comments, but she is right. I could depress myself into a junkfood binge - but it's still my decision. I'm not going to do it. I've stopped pissing and moaning. It was ridiculous anyway because I could steam some frozen vegetables which are sitting at the bottom of my freezer, and that is probably what I will do. Unfortunately the downward spiral had started as I was getting my son some lunch and I munched on a couple of light hot dogs - no buns or crap, just 2 hot dogs. About 200 calories total. No excuse, just a stupid choice.

I did walk yesterday, incidentally. My routine did not change. I still got out and walked. Today I am waiting for the Doctor to call about Danny and then he and I can go out and walk, unless we have to go to the doctor. Yesterday I also made fettucini for the fam. But I mixed my little bit of noodles and ground turkey with the rest of my chopped broccoli. I decided to avoid the sauce because, frankly, I read the label. So I kept the noodle count down, the ground turkey higher and the broccoli outweighing both. It wasn't a whole lot of work to make two fairly different meals - which is good.

So, mood up. I'm figuring if I can get past this lull in energy over then next few days, I'll be in the clear for a while.

Finding more dimple in hidden places. (just got the call from the doctor. No visit, just some eye drops. YAAAY!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

Okay- I was waiting to comment until I saw today's post. I had a feeling it wouldn't get much better.
Here's the deal. You can decide that there is nothng in the house to eat and decide to eat whatever is convenient or easy or comforting. But you have to remember- it's your decision. If you choose to fall off the wagon, you have to choose to get back on. A very smart guy once told me if I always do what I've always done, I will always be what I've always been. Same goes for you. this is the hardest time wqhen you're trying to lose weight. It's really easy to find reasons to fail but I want you to look into the little pink eye's of your son and find a reason to succeed- even if it only lasts until tomorrow. Then you'll find a new reason to succeed.
Here endeth the Tony Robbins lesson.
Love,
v

7/05/2005 10:54 AM  
Blogger Eric Peter Schwartz said...

Thanks Vi. You're absolutely right.

7/05/2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger Vi said...

that's the way to think. Don't get me wrong. I know this is not easy. I'm living it everyday. You have to let yourself get down and get right back up. If you dwell on it, you'll never survive.
Glad to hear the pink eye isn't serious. If you really want to have fun find him an eye patch. He'll have a ball!

7/05/2005 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home