Saturday, July 16, 2005

Day 20: Live Nude Burritos

Stepped on our scale today. The needle lapped the circle once but, after eating dinner, fully clothed and shoes on, I clocked in at about 340 which means, if I started at 350, I've lost about 10lbs in 3 weeks. The changes continue. I'm working really hard to stay motivated. I'm starting to miss foods and I'm starting to convince myself that it's okay to treat myself once in a while.

There's truth in that, but when does that stop. That has always been my problem. Even back in 92 when I was going to Jenny Craig, I started to treat myself to Taco Bell after my weekly meeting. Eventually those "treats" became more frequent. "I was good the first half of the week, I can order pizza." or "I was good all day, how about a couple of burgers for dinner.", "I had a healthy breakfast, burgers for lunch and then something greasy for dinner."

It sounds like I'm exaggerating. Maybe I am a little, but not much. In a lot of ways this is like an addiction. I won't belittle real, life threatening addictions, but in some ways it has to be handled the same way. What it boils down to is this, it is too soon in the game for me to really treat myself. Any lapse in the plan or poor judgement as to what I put in my mouth is that. There is no positive spin. I'm even telling myself that if I don't crack every once in a while I will freak out and eat something REALLY horrible.

The treat will come though, mark my words. When I have lost 45 or 50 pounds... oh yeah. When I finally dip back into the 200s. When I am far enough away from my starting point that falling off the wagon won't put half the weight back on... oh I will treat myself, and I will deserve it then. I'm not going to treat myslef because I am forcing myself to eat celery. Dropping back below 300 is worth a one day treat. I just know that I will lock up and not be able to decide what crappy food I will have. HAHAHAHAHA

Danny and I walked 2 miles or so today. I out walked my 4 year old. "Dad, I'm tired." I felt bad but HELL YA!!! I had more energy than my 4 year old. That felt pretty good. Then we went to the moives and saw Star Wars. I sat there as he barrelled through a bag of popcorn, half a box of milk duds and a soda. I did have a few duds, I admit it.

Oh, and by the way. For fast food choices... if you have a Qdoba near you. They have naked burritos - no tortilla (which I'm finding are killers. All those "Wrap" people can chew on a pound of my ass fat.) The grilled veggie naked burrito with black beans, Pico de Gallo (or however you spell that) and a little salsa verde - mmmmm. Steer clear of the cheese, sour cream and guacamole (my weakness). Good and not a ton in the calorie department.

See you tomorrow for the start of week 4.

TODAY'S VISUALIZATION: My extra tummy skin pulled back, rubber banded and sticking out of my pants like a tail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home