Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Day 16: Dolphins!

You people with your exercise... you weren't lying. I had energy yesterday. A kind of sick, frenetic energy, which is of course wasted in a cubicle and computer environment. My buddy Jeff said that exercise releases dolphins into the blood stream which makes you feel good, etc. It cracks me up because it sounds like something my 4 year old would say.

Speaking of my 4 year old, he's my little coach. I was going to let him sleep this morning while I danced with Richard Simmonds. But he got up on his own, came in and again, ate doughnuts while I sweated. He kept telling me what a good job I was doing. Toward the end, when Richard gets all emotional, and Danny was exercising with me, and that soggy "cool down" music played and I was sweating and panting... I got a little weepy. Danny doing all of this with me is making this so easy. We are spending some quality time together and he is a great motivator. Father and son swaying to Richard Simmonds at 6:45 AM... now that's America.

I happily made it through more of the tape this morning too. Which is good. Tonight, my goal is to not eat after dinner. Last night the late night munching crave was awful and I gave in a little. I still didn't hit 1500, but man it was tough. And I know, I keep carrots and celery on hand... but when 10:30 hits, those are the last things I want.

That's my goal for tonight, stay strong.

Time to talk to the Dolphins.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Great going Eric. I enjoy reading your progress everyday. I think you are a very brave soul to do this in the public eye when most of us try to hide. I think your right and it will prove to be a success story. Give that Danny boy a hug from me for helping ya out
Love and kisses
Mickey

7/12/2005 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home