Monday, July 11, 2005

Day 15: Coordination Ain't The Way

I did it. Got up early, moved the coffee table, popped in the tape and ... dear sweet God I felt like lumbering oaf with two left feet. Richard Simmonds is a bright, sparkly, gay choreographer and I am the sow's ear, friends. I've decided that I am not coordinated enough to be gay.

That being said, I did it, well, 2/3 of it, as best I could. It will get easier to follow and complete. I'm not giving up, I'm just closing the curtains. HAHAHAHA

It did feel good to get up early and do it. I usually don't get out of bed until the last possible moment, so this was an accomplishment. The funniest part was when Danny crapped out and spent the last 10 minutes eating a doughnut saying "Daddy, you're really good at exercising," Entemann's falling out of his mouth. It just feels like I accomplished something today and it's still morning.

So the plan is to now kick everything up a notch by working out MOST mornings and then a walk in the evening. I want to build slowly toward that 7 hour daily work out that makes Hollywood guys look like that. Sorry, I could barely get through typing that without laughing.

Some people have been impressed with how low I have kept my calorie intake. It's nice to hear when they are impressed. And the best part is, I'm not starving myself. That's good for everybody because a hungry man is a surly, unpleasant man.

Have a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

the first time I did Tae Bo I ended up in the hospital so i am very proud of you making it through Richard without any major injuries.
You have no idea what a good thing you are doing. Even if I don't comment I read everyday and it has gotten me through a couple of rough patches of my own lately. I even recommended you to a friend of mine because she can see no humor in the task of losing weight.
Keep going! Your 1/26th of the way there.

7/11/2005 11:14 AM  
Blogger Eric Peter Schwartz said...

Yay!! Thanks Vi. The humor is half the reason I'm doing it like this. Until now I have failed because it's a loveless, embarrassing thing to have to do. This way, I am forced to find the humor and excitement in it.

7/11/2005 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home